Handwriting is a topic that often comes up in the IELTS speaking part 1. Below you will find a list of some example questions and answers that you could encounter during part 1 of the IELTS Speaking test.
The questions below are based on the real IELTS speaking exam. They serve as a great IELTS Speaking Part 1 prediction questions to help you prepare better before your test.
Handwriting Speaking Part 1 – Set 1
- What is more popular; typing or handwriting?Nowadays, typing is far more popular than handwriting as it is much easier and faster to send a message via phone or tablet than a note or letter. In fact, I think that writing is dying out among young people as they have grown up using technology.
- Are there times when you prefer handwriting?I prefer to hand write personal notes or cards, I think it shows a more personal touch to a friend or relative. Also, I like to handwrite lists. I am not sure exactly why but I like to scribble down things I need to remember.
- Do you think the skill of handwriting will die out in future?I honestly think that it will as I don´t think learning to hand write and spell is focussed on as much in schools nowadays, it has definitely taken a back seat. I think decorative handwriting will be maintained as an art but in terms of day to day, writing will disappear.
Handwriting Vocabulary Speaking Part 1 – Set 1
- dying out – disappearing
- to scribble down – to write quickly
- take a back seat – to be in a less important position