The OET is an English language test for healthcare professionals, which assesses a person’s speaking, writing, listening and reading skills. One can apply for this examination online, as well as offline. In the following paragraphs, you will discover detailed information on the application process, with each step that has to be followed.
Types of applications
When it comes to the OET exam, you can choose the online application. Read all the information presented, including the test regulations, before booking the actual exam. Be sure to check out the guidelines regarding personal identification, as well as photos.
It is worth mentioning that you can also opt for the offline booking, especially if you are looking to apply as a group. Upon the application information being received and payment confirmed, the book will be processed in five to ten days. Another possibility would be to complete the online application form, with payments made separately for each of the candidates.
Essential information to know about online application
When you will complete your online application, you will be presented with the possibility of choosing between a number of test dates. It is important to know that the OET exam can be taken every month, being available in over 40 countries. However, once you register, you can only consider the next two test dates, so make sure the chosen date is correct.
For information changes or other particular details regarding the OET, you will have to contact the OET Centre. Before you book the exam, make sure that all required information is correct. Follow the guidelines for the digital photo, check the validity of your passport (testing outside the country of origin) and submit only valid documents.
With regard to payment, you can opt for a credit card, with both MasterCard and Visa being accepted. Additional payment possibilities include money orders, bank cheques and third party payments.
Online application – step-by-step guide
- Visit this website and scroll down to the bottom and click APPLY FOR THE TEST:
- There will be 8 simple steps to follow:
To book the OET exam, first, you must select a region(Att: candidates in Australia and New Zealand need to choose Oceania as their region) and see the available testing locations.
- On Step 2 choose your preferred test location and click Buy Now link.
The occupational English test is available in over 40 countries. Online, you will find the full list of dates and locations for the OET.
- Here is the screenshot of the next Step
Be sure to provide your contact details. Fill in the application with your personal information and create an account, which you will use for your further logins.
- Once you have entered the personal details along with email id and password, you will be prompted to login in Step 4. Use the same email ID and password to login to the OET panel. You can then choose the professional for the OET, with some of the options including dentistry, dietetics, medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, pharmacy and physiotherapy.
- Make sure to provide accurate information, as well as upload a recent passport photo (in accordance with mentioned guidelines). You can also order an additional statement of OET exam results, for which an additional payment is required. Select the delivery method, opting either for normal mail or registered post.
- Once you have reached this point, it is time to check all the submitted info for the OET exam. Confirm and review your payment details, following the recommended steps for payment. Now, the process is complete and you will receive a confirmation e-mail regarding your application.
A final note
As you will see for yourself, it is not difficult to book the OET. The application is pretty straightforward and, in case you have any questions, you can always contact the OET Centre for additional help.